Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP all in one Envy
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Would appreciate advice on how to connect Dell laptop Latitude 5450 to the HP all in one desktop (SKU N8X90EA#ABU  System model - 27-p000na). I would like to use the desktop as a monitor to work from home. The laptop has an HDMI port. The all in one has 2 HDMI ports, one in marked IN and the other one - OUT. I used the HDMI to HDMI male cable and nothing happened.  I wonder if someone has an idea of what what I am doing wrong? thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hey there! @LaraJL, Welcome to HP forums.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out. Please answer a few questions below to assist you better.

Did you make any changes to your PC?

Have you tried checking with a different HDMI cable?

Are you using any video connector to connect the PC?

Let's us now continue with the troubleshooting.

Thanks for sharing the product details and I have checked the specifications of the PC and it supports HDMI input.

Refer the product specification page to know more information. Click Here 

Refer the instructions below to know more information about using and connecting an HDMI input connection.

Insert one end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI-out port of the media device. (game console, disc player, another computer, etc.)

Insert the other end of the HDMI cable into the HDMI-in port on the computer, located on the lower-left side of the monitor.

Press the HDMI IN button, which is located on the underside of the lower-left corner of the monitor.

The computer switches to HDMI mode.

To switch back to PC mode, press and hold the HDMI IN button.

Refer this article to know more information about connecting an HDMI input connection to PC. Click Here

If you still have issues after trying out the steps. Try updating the BIOS, chipset and graphics driver on the PC.

Update the BIOS using this link. Click Here

Update the chipset drivers using this link. Click Here

Also, update the graphics driver using this link. Click Here

Let me know if this works!

Have a great day ahead! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Did you ever figure this out?  I am trying to connect a laptop to my HP Envy all-in-one....came across something on google that stated all-in-ones  cannot be used as monitors...only video out, not video in.  I just changed jobs and need to connect the employer provided laptop to my computer....if I cannot, I now have a $1600 paper weight.....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.