Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15 cw1...
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HELP PLEASE!

I am just wondering how I can connect two external monitors to this laptop. 

I have installed the drive for the monitors and they do work independently.,but when I have them all connected, the 3rd monitor just duplicates the 2nd. If I disconnect them and plug in one at a time, again they do work independently, but I just cannot seem to extend the signal to the 3rd one at the same time.

I am really desperate to get this sorted as it will help me with my work.

I currently use an HDMI splitter as only have one HDMI port to the laptop. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

A

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Strawberry2604 

What is your Pavilion 15-cw1 machine ? I don't know what is it but it probably has

USB 3.1 ports (2, right side)
USB Type-C port; USB 3.1 Gen 1 (left side); supports data transfer

You can use a DisplayLink Certified dock to connect to one USB-A port such as

https://www.displaylink.com/newsroom/press-releases/displaylink-enables-latest-hp-usb-30-dual-head-g...       (older)

https://www.displaylink.com/newsroom/press-releases/displaylink-announces-new-hp-usb-c-universal-doc...                      (newer)

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Apologies not sure why I didn't input the full model. It's a Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response, I'll look into it! 

HP Recommended

Hi, my work laptop (Lenovo) had a USB-C port which i used to connect a second monitor, why does this not work for this model - HP Pavilion Laptop 15-cw1xxx.

thanks

HP Recommended

just to clarify, my laptop is very new, it has one usb-s (and hdmi) port on LHS and two usb-a on RHS

I've tried plugging in the usb-c cable that i used to use with my work laptop but it doesn't work.   Please advise.  

Also, my new work laptop (when it finally arrive, i'm currently using my personal laptop) will be some sort of HP Elitebook apparently, so please advise for both as to how i can attach a second external monitor.

Thank you

HP Recommended

Typo above.  Should say "one usb-c"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.