Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion P611of
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Recently when I try to play a DVD the image on the left side of the monitor is orintated correctly. The other half of the screen, or right side , is turned 90 degrees down. I have tried several DVD's and the issue is consistant with each of them. Updates etc are all showing I have the most recent ones. Any help would be welcome.

Thanks in advance.

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hi

Hope this helps...

Checking screen rotation settings

It's also likely that you might have accidentally turned on the rotation lock option that prevents your device from rotating. If this is the case, do the following:

1. Use the Windows key + A keyboard shortcut to open Action Center.
  2. Click the Expand button.
  3. Click the Rotation lock to turn it off.

HP Recommended

Sadly this did not help. When I use the Windows key + A my mail appears on the right side of the monitor. I did a search for screen rotation, rotation etc but that search returned nothing.

I do appreciate your time and suggestion.

HP Recommended

The computer I am using is a desktop. It looks like the solution offered my be a "fix" for a tablet.

HP Recommended

Correct.

But I have a laptop that wants to offer the functions of a tablet.

https://www.wikihow.com/Rotate-Your-Computer-Screen

HP Recommended

The entire screen is not rotated during DVD playback. Only the right half of the screen is turned 90 degrees down.DVD screen shot resized.jpg

HP Recommended

This is what I see when I try to play a DVD. Looks like the image is "Flipped" inside. Not sure if I have a DVD player issue, video card problem etc. Weird isn't it?

HP Recommended

I posted a picture of what my screen disp;ays when inserted for play. I just found out that a memory card from my camera with do the very same thing when I do a slideshow with it. If I just click to advance the next picture it is fine. So I am thinking I have a hardware, video/graphic card issue and mot a software issue. Does anyone have any ideas on confirming this issue? My card is an Intel G33/G31 express chipset family ( WDDM 1.0) My Pavilion is a model p611of. It is an older desktop but does what i ask it to do.  Any help on a new card is appreciated. Also I am now running Windows 10. I do not know if a recent update may have done something to this card. I have read where they are not Windoes 10 upgradable. {Not sure if that is correct or not}

Thank you

HP Recommended

Anybody know where I can find a diagram of the mother board for my PC? I see two expansion slots. A black one and a off white one. I am hoping I can install a video/graphic card in one of these and my dvd player will play normally agin.

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hi

What is the SKU:

Put the details into partsurfer   like the SKU:

http://partsurfer.hp.com/search.aspx

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.