Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP All-in-One - 22-c0063w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

After an unfortunate accident where my computer fell over it is now not very usable due to dead pixels. There’s a large area of black and lines going through. I’m not even sure if this is able to be fixed, however I am hoping that it is. This computer is only a couple months old and I would rather replace the parts that are broken if possible. 

Im not sure which parts I need for this but any help I’d appreciate it. 
thank you 

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Desiree313

Welcome to HP support community.

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. Do you know if this situation is a total loss or if I can fix it? I was told it’s $59.99 to have them tell me what the problem is. 

HP Recommended

@Desiree313

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi,

You'll need to call HP and ask them for price and supply ETA for the RAW PANEL and BACKLIGHT CABLE for your model.

Once you replace those parts, It'll work fine. You've busted the LCD panel and the black spots and lines are cracks and it bleeding out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.