Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP 24mh 23.8-inch Display

We purchased 2 of these monitors in April 2021: HP 24mh FHD Monitor - Computer Monitor with 23.8-Inch IPS Display (1080p) - Built-In Speakers and VESA Mounting - Height/Tilt Adjustment for Ergonomic Viewing - HDMI and DisplayPort - (1D0J9AA#ABA).  They've been sitting in their boxes, safely tucked away in my office until they were needed, and I mounted them on monitor arms on a desk last week. This morning I was adjusting one of them and lightly grasped the top of the monitor to tilt it back. Now the monitor has a big black spot where my finger was located when I tilted the monitor and there are vertical and horizontal lines radiating from that spot. The monitor is clearly damaged even though I didn't exert enough force to cause such damage. Is this monitor really that sensitive or is this a known problem? I don't recall seeing any warning in the packaging indicating that we should never touch the screen itself and I've never had this problem with any other monitor, including the other two (just like this one) that I previously purchased and mounted in a different office. I realize this monitor is no longer covered by a warranty but it was never in use during the warranty period - it was purchased as a set of spares, to be deployed as needed. I can't believe such a simple maneuver to tilt the monitor into place means this monitor is now worthless and that I should have to pay to replace it when it has never even been used.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.