Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0799nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

I just have my new Pavillion Gaming Desktop 690-0799nd with a NVIDIA GTX 1060 6 GB graphic card in it.

The goal is to display 4 screens of 24 inch in one time.

The NVIDIA GTX 1060 video card has 1 HDMI and 3 displayports.

The HDMI is working but i can not detect any screen connected with the displayport.

When i just connect a displayport an reboot the pc it will stay dark.

The screen is working with a other pc so it is not the screen itself.

Any ideas what i can try to do ?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@Danny_H, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

HP Pavilion 690-0799nd has a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 (6 GB) that includes:

• 1 Dual Link DVI-D port.

• 1 HDMI port.

•  3 DisplayPorts.

It Supports up to four displays at the same time. The maximum resolution on DisplayPort is: 5120x3200x24bpp @ 60 Hz / 7680x4320 @ 60 Hz YUV 420 8 bit

You may check the product specifications here

Let us try these steps to resolve this issue:

Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

Also, check for any pending windows update. 

Reboot the PC and check.

Let me know how this goes.

If you feel my post solved your issue, please click “Accept as Solution”, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello,

Their where indeed 11 updates with the HP Support Assistant, one of these was a update for the NVIDIA Driver.

I installed this but no solution. Still no screen detected !

I invited a friend with a lot of knowledge about Windows. He also tried a lot of things as well as a extra update through the NVIDIA Geforce experience application but also their no solution.

The we disconnected the display port cables on the side of the video card ==> one screen came on !

So the problem is resolved but not by installing new drivers ore updates.

Thanks anyway,

Danny_H

We discovered that their is a order of connecting the display ports.

If the video card does not find a screen on port 1 it will not detect any on the other ports !

So if port 2 and 3 are connected no added screen !

If port 1 and 3 are connected you only see screen 1 !

This was new for me but we tested it multiple times by disconnecting and reconnecting and this is rely the case !

HP Recommended

@Danny_H

Glad to know you found the solution and the issue is now resolved. Feel free to contact us with any concerns related to HP products.

Happy to help!

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.