Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
24es lcd display

i bought it as second hand, anyway after a few months of good functioning... this defect happened. Either connected or not, it goes off and on and off forever without even giving the chance to enter the display menu in order to try something. Needless to say it's impossible to use it this way.

I'm not so into display switchers so it may be a common thing. who knows....

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@FabioDrumcer -- could the screen be overheating, and proactively shutting itself down, to prevent permanent damage?  Maybe, an internal fan has "failed" (possibly seized-up, and is not spinning) ?  

Otherwise, the "usual" suspects for a failure are:

1. power-supply starting to fail
  2. motherboard failing
  3. processor failing

Since it is a monitor, not a computer, it is almost impossible to "part-swap" any of these components.

Does the monitor work normally when connected to a different computer?

If so, then it could be the video-adapter in your computer that is failing.

HP Recommended

HI thanks for your time... yes it's totally the same with any compurer connected,

also because by now it's the only life it shows, even with no input connections at all.

I'll try to check with a different power supply, any other of your hypotesis are rightfully equal to throw it into the bin.

I honestly was hoping for some capacitor, or swith piece that would be possible to exclude from the electric path.... but I don't have any technical skill in this field....

Will let you know about the power adapter.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.