Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Envy RE TS 23-k100xt
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Greetings:

I posted this one month ago with no luck.  For some reason the thread was marked resolved.  So, I try again.
I see no way whatsoever to adjust the display brightness on my all-in-one HP Envy RE TS 23-k100xt.  There is no slider anywhere.  I've checked Display Settings and the Action Center.  The screen itself has no buttons to do this.  Someone in this group suggested I try HP Smart Friend Support.  This feature is no longer available, possibly related to COVID-19.  I've been advised to give HP remote access to see what's going on.  This feature is also no longer available.  I've been advised to do a factor reset which I'd rather not do without HP Tech Support, which currently does not exist.  All drivers are up to date.

Short of third party tech assistance, does HP offer any support of any kind for this out of warranty issue.  The Virtual Assistant is, as one would expect, virtually worthless.

Suggestions?  mHelp?

Thanks,

LW

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I finally figured this out.  To adjust the display brightness I go to Program Files (X86) -> Hewlett-Packard -> HP My Display -> DTune.exe.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@lmwapner

Thank you for posting back. 

I would request you to reach out to our HP Smart Friend Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Smart Friend Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I finally figured this out.  To adjust the display brightness I go to Program Files (X86) -> Hewlett-Packard -> HP My Display -> DTune.exe.

HP Recommended

@lmwapner

I am glad to know that you managed to resolve the issue. Please reach out again for any further assistance.

Have a nice day ahead.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.