1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Display HP Z27 only running on 1080p with MacBook Air 2014

HP Recommended
HP Z27
macOS 10.14 Mojave

Hello community friends,

I bought a HP Z27 display. I want to use it as an external display for my macbook air early 2014. According to various sources incl. apple, the maximum resolution for external displays is 2560x1600. Previously, I used a dell display and was able to get to the maximum resolution. With the HP27 I am only getting to 1080p. The display is connected via a mini display port to display port cable. I already read multiple threads and I have the feeling that is has to do with cable. What is the recommended way to connect the display and is there anything I need to beare in mind when buying a new one? Or is the display not compatible with my macbook?

Thanks for you help,

Dominik

1 REPLY 1
danimal500
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I had to connect via HDMI to get the full resolution with my MacBookPro.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation