Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Display Omen 27
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi,

Product: Omen 27 display (1440p, 165hz g-sync), I think the first version of this display.

After close to 2 years of use, I have problems with the display.

On every power on in the morning, the settings in the monitor are being reset. The monitor appears with the "Burn in" colors  and factory mode on, and I have to configure back all the settings.

Is there any known issue related with this? (like internal battery replacement needed, like in motherboards for example)

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@ismenc

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Note Before you begin: Turn off the computer.
  • And disconnect all connected devices from the computer except the mouse and keyboard. This includes removing thumb drives and camera-type memory cards.

Step 1: Checking the power

Step 2: Displaying a built-in on-screen message

Step 3: Fixing a bad video connection

Step 4: Testing the video connection

Step 4: Connecting the monitor to a different computer

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi.

Product No. 24D33AA

No software updates

No hardware changes

No sudden poweroffs or voltage inestabilities at home

The video connection has been checked and shows no problems

The only issue is that every time i turn on the monitor, the settings such as brightness, contrast, colors etc. are being reset.

It also appears with "Burn in" colors mode enable when receive no video signal.

It is like a factory reset.

The monitor represents clear image. It is working fine except for keeping the settings.

I want to know if the monitor has a internal battery to keep this settings saved.

Thank you.

HP Recommended

@ismenc

Thank you for posting back.

To get the answer to this question, no battery installed in monitor. Since you have already tried most of the troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue,

I would request you to contact our Support and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Please feel free to contact us here anytime you need any further assistance. Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.