Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 300 Mini Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have an HP Pavilion 300 Mini Desktop PC , I would like to switch from HDMI to a display port cable as the HDMI slot is a bit weak. What is the display port version of this PC so that I can purchase the right one?

Also, how can see which is the type of PC I own as there are several listed here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/hp-pavilion-mini-300-200-desktop-pc-series/8499664/product-info

Thanks in advance, 

Antoine

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@AntoineM You may need to be a little more specific than that, so I can get the information you need, check the below link for details and the below image to understand what I mean:

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Keep us posted,

And the answer to the above question will help me, help you!

Keep me posted, and if any of the above questionnaires helped resolve the issue, 

Mark this post as an "Accepted Solution".

Good luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle_Decipher,

Thank you for your reply.

I don't have the box anymore because I bought this PC over 4 years ago. How can I find the details otherwise?

I tried via MS System but didn't manage.

Thanks in advance,

Antoine

HP Recommended

@AntoineM You don't need the box, just look at the side of the desktop or beneath it, for more details: click here,

And keep me posted.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Dear Riddle_Decipher, 

Here are the details for this PC:

HR Pavilion Mini Desktop

Serial no: [edit]

Product no:804180-001

Model No: 300-0xx

Does this info help?

Thanks in advance, 

Antoine

HP Recommended

@AntoineM I'm afraid that's not the product number, as it usually contains alphanumeric characters, also, on the model name - 300-0xx (the xx should have numbers) the same should be listed on the computer, physically on a sticker at the bottom or the sides, I thank you for the serial number (though it should have been in private), however, without the product number I can't find any information about it, with that said, I suggest you contact a local tech for support on finding the display port compatible with your device before purchasing it, to be on a safer side.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.