1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Display Port -> HDMI "Black screen" "Not working"

HP Recommended
HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi support,

My name is Johan - and I got some truble...

I got a HP ProDesk 400 G3 Desktop Mini PC (Intel HD Graphics 630, Core i5, 256 GB SSD, 8 GB Ram), about 10 months old.

I only have two DisplayPort (DP). I have since the pursche used DP -> HDMI with no problem at all.

About two weeks ago I got complete black-screen and i went -> FFS..

When I got a cable DP->DP then it´s working. But still no picture DP->HDMI. I´ve tried at least four diffrent cables.

I got HP assisantans -> the latest Bios - and software updates. And there is nothing wrong with the hardware.

So my question is - what kind of update did f*ck this up - and how do i reverse it or get it to work again? I really need DP->HDMI.

This must be a known problem..

Best Regards
Johan from Sweden

1 REPLY 1
Dabbler45
1 1 0 0
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hi, after trolling the internet for this sympton, I came across this post. I currently have this problem both on my personal PC (Prodesk 400G3 Mini) and 20 work devices all configured exactly the same. The symton for these devices is intermittent and  not permanant, but requires a reboot to overcome the problem. It seems particularly frequent after Microsoft updates which require a reboot and you see the 1st stage going to 30% after which the reboot goes to a black screen. It then requires a power off and on to get the desktop welcome screen active.

I've tried all the steps you have done (changed HDMI cables/monitors/BIOS updates and reloading the HP Driver software).

Regretfully HP Support is damned useless - the only thing they can eventually say is power off and reboot!

Regards

Dabbler45

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation