iberm
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Display and computer won't sleep despite power settings

HP Recommended
pavilion all in one 24-xa0024
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Display won't sleep after 10 minutes, and computer won't sleep after 20 minutes, despite power settings.  I've already made certain all updates from Microsoft and HP are current.

1 REPLY 1
Echo_Lake
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
23,580 23,538 1,069 1,102
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@iberm

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?

Having the most current software and driver updates from HP installed on your computer might resolve the issue. Use HP Support Assistant to automatically find and install the latest updates for your computer.

1. In Windows, search for and open HP Support Assistant, or click the app icon in the taskbar.

If the app is not installed on your computer, download the latest version from the HP Support Assistant website.

2. In HP Support Assistant, click My devices, and then click Updates in the window for your device.

3. If prompted, sign in with your HP account credentials, create a new HP account, or postpone signing in.

4. Click Check for updates and messages. HP Support Assistant checks for the latest updates from HP.

5. If new updates are available, make sure the checkbox next to each update is checked, and then click Download and install to download and install the updates.

For more information about configuring and using HP Support Assistant, see Using HP Support Assistant (Windows).

For more information and instructions about downloading and updating software and drivers, see Downloading or updating software and drivers for HP computers.

If the issue persists after installing updates from HP, Scan for malware

Open the Windows Security app, and then complete a full scan for computers with Windows 10.

1. In Windows, search for and open Windows Security.

2. Click Virus & threat protection.

Virus & threat protection on the Windows Security opening screen

3. Click Scan options.

Virus & threat protection screen with Scan options

4. Select Full scan, and then click Scan now.

The scan might take over an hour to complete, and the computer might run slowly during the scan.

5. To view the scan results, search for and open Windows Security, select Virus & threat protection, and then click Protection history.

• If no threats were detected, no action is necessary.

• If threats were detected, click an item for more information and suggested actions.

For more information about using Windows Security, go to Using Windows Security to Prevent Virus and Spyware Problems (Windows 10).

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation