Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Omen 870-130VX
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

While playing VR games on my Oculus Rift-S headset the display will black out in the headset and on my PC Monitor. The video fans start spinning up fast like the computer just rebooted BUT it hasn't rebooted. I can still hear the game sounds playing through the speakers. This started about two months ago roughly. I've contacted both Oculus and Nvidia and opened cases with them. I have tried running full diagnostics and everything passes including stress tests. I've confirmed all my software and hardware are updated with the latest drivers. I have started the computer up in safe mode with everything except microsoft, nvidia, steam and oculus services disabled. I removed all the nvidia drivers using their tool and then did a clean install. The specific time this occurs varies. Some times it happens right away when i play a vr game, other times it takes a few minutes, an hour or more. It happens if its a steam VR game or an oculus vr game. I also reinstalled oculus software. Nothing has helped yet. I'm thinking this is a hardware problem.  The computer is over 5 years old but I've taken good care of it and clean it out every few months. Its in a spot where it gets plenty of circulation and ive never over-clocked it.

Here's my PC's specs:

Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB

Nvidia 1080GTX

HP Omen Model 870-130VX
Memory Size 32768 MB RAM
BIOS Date   09/29/2016
BIOS Revision  A0.38
Installed OS version Windows 10 - 2009 (10.0.19042)

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@MrAlaskan

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:  

• Make sure that the most recent drivers are installed for the headset and USB controller.
  • Make sure that the Microsoft USB driver is used. There should be the word 'Microsoft' in the name of the "eXtensible Host Controller" device. See example below: The list of devices in Device Manager
  • Try plugging the cable into a different USB-3.0 port on your computer. (Try all USB Type-C and Type-A ports)
  • Use the included USB-C to A adapter to try different ports.
  • Try plugging the headset in through a USB Hub to the computer.

NOTE:  HP recommends using only USB controllers built into the motherboard with Reverb G2 devices. If you are unable to connect your device after check all the available ports, please contact HP Support.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.