Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Often time when the mac is about to go to sleep or exiting sleep, the display get all fuzzy (snow storm-like image) as in the picture attached. The monitor is connected directly to the mac Mini using the Hdmi cable provided with the display. This happens since day 1 of the monitor (which is also day 1 of the mac).  Sometimes it resolves itself, sometimes by powering off/on the monitor and sometimes I have to also unplug the hdmi cable. When this happens, the monitor indicates that the Hdmi input is active and the Vga inactive (which is correct). Wonder if this is a monitor or mac issue, and how to solve.HP-Monitor-snow.jpg

Despite the OS choice, the OS is macOs Big Sur (it does not appears in the list) and on a Mac Mini M1,

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@serger1977

Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

To get the answer to this question, HP monitors are not supported in a Mac environment. However, newer Macs use graphics with VESA modes and can display to most HP LCD monitors. To do this, connect the monitor to the Mac while the Mac is off, and then turn on the MAC. The monitor should operate at 60Hz. The INF and software for the HP monitor are for Microsoft Windows and cannot be run in a standard MAC OS environment.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.