w1av
2 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Display port does not work

HP Recommended
HP Compaq 8200 Elite Ultra
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

First, I realize it is an OLDER DESKTOP but it is upgraded and works well. Anyway I have a VGA port and a DISPLAY port on rear of computer. Been using VGA with newer monitor. I have tried connecting to the DISPLAY PORT via an HDMI-to-DISPLAY PORT cable. I also tried an HDMI-to-VGA adapter. Nothing works....when all connected and I turn computer on, there is no signal. The computer works perfectly with VGA and the monitor works fine on other computers with HDMI. I prefer to use the display port so I can use a BIGGER MONITOR.  The bigger monitor does not have a VGA option!   Using Win 10 home, 8 Gigs RAM. I think the board was replaced last year with an 8300.....

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation