Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation 4RW97EA
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought a new HP Z2 Mini G4 Workstation 4RW97EA last week.

It has three displayport ports at the back.

I want to use a multiple monitor configuration.

The two upper displayports are giving no video output on either of my monitors.

Both monitors work just fine on the lower displayport.

When I try to find support  on the website I'm informed that HP no longer support this product.

It's brand new!!Annotation 2019-04-09 010033.pngIMG_20190409_005635.jpg

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Did you ever get this resolved? I'm having the same issue.

HP Recommended

Hi Both, 

I've got the same issue as well, have you sorted this yet? 

Cheers, JP

HP Recommended

I'm having the same issues. Two brand new mini z2 g4s using onboard displayports and both have no video at times. I usually have to disconnect and reconnect the video to get it back. Changed the cable and monitor, and the pcs are reachable and online, just no video. Please fix this HP. New Firmware?

HP Recommended

i'm currently connecting Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort and still no joy. I have HDMI to DisplayPort cables arrriving tomorrow, I'll let you know how I get on. 

HP Recommended

After searching and searching...and not finding an answer, we had to call HP and purchase an MXM card. Under the cover, it shows ports 2 and 3 only working with a dGfx and port 4 (if you ordered one) could be dGfx or iGfx.

HP Recommended

It clearly states it has 2x DP connections on the spec sheet, so thats what I'd expect to be working. I'll log a warranty call tomorrow and see what they say. 

HP Recommended

did you get any information from your warranty call? is your model equipped with a discrete graphics card?

we seem to have similar issues with our Z2 G4 minis equipped with Quadro P1000s in that under certain circumstances the screens remain black.

HP Recommended

They wanted to send me a new motherboard. I said no thanks and returned and reordered with integrated HDMI instead of integrated Display Port. I'm thinking bad component batch or BIOS because of not handshaking with monitor while using Display Port,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.