Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion Laptop 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

InFrame_1574434582901.jpg

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

you are posted to desktops is this a desktop>  and only the monitor is confused ? no monitor stated.

The name Pavilion goes back to 1995  desktops. so you must be more cleark.

I look at your tiny photo to see anything , you have there) and seems like laptop to me...

This post reminds we of when I had to ID air craft from the  air to ground seeing only Russian Aircraft tails sticking out of their hangers.  (fun to do) but I fail here, fail hard, what is that PC and or monitor>

answering for LAPTOPS first.

whaT Pc,  HP 15 is no full name.

here is 1 example, of full name,  the numbers after the DASH Matter,  vast Pavilions made for years.

PAV was both used for laptops and desktops but I see at least it is LAP.  small photo , cut off.

the service tag on HP (sans serial number do not post S/N please) shows what you actually own.

my guess first at hand is  a bad Video driver. (for sure of OS was changed) did you upgrade to w10, then fails?  tell a story please.

eg1: just one example of vast PCs made BY HP)

HP 15-CX0056WM Pavilion Laptop 15.6" FHD Display Core i5-8300H NVIDIA GTX 1050

it is one of these seen in wiki sure. but which one.  IDK. sorry can't guess any.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HP_Pavilion_(computer)

old DV5 >< 15" are no longer supported,  just one of vast not. DV (anything not supported)

most Pav, 15 vast models are now RETIRED( in HP support pgs.)( some are not even today listed on the HP retired, page, wow never exited, a vacuum now)

but here are some that are below. got his?  do tell please.

https://store.hp.com/us/en/mdp/pavilion-15-344522--1#!&tab=vao

now I will answer for desktops PAV.

1: the monitor unstated make and model is bad.

2: the PC video driver is bad, no real PC stated.

3: you are using illegal resolutions from PC to the monitor (Horz , vert, and RF rates)

test the monitor on PC#2,  another PC.

reset he monitor , using the OSD menu  to defaults.

all modern monitor auto size  the screen, if the PC sends valid RESOLTIONS to it, it will

or

right click the W10 screen and tell me what is the settings for resolution there,  RC,  display settings,

then tell me monitor full model names,  maker , and model, and I tell you if this is legit. (or read the monitors manual)

NO warranty answers by me.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.