Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY Desktop - 750-530qd CTO
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Magix Software's Movie Studio Suite 2022 keeps crashing. I sent a DxDiag report to Magix tech support explaining the problem and they said my GPU drivers (Intel 630) are outdated and that may be causing the crashes. They posted a link to the Intel drivers page which I downloaded but got an error message when I tried to install them. (Essentially, Intel customized the drivers for HP and HP does not allow upgrades for this particular driver from Intel's site.) I informed Magix of this and they referred me to  HP's site for the drivers, but the most recent one I could find here was from 2016. I told Magix about this too and they insisted that HP has a 2022 version of the Intel 630 GPU drivers and I would need to contact HP support to get them. My question is does HP in fact have the 2022 version of the Intel 630 GPU drivers like Magix said, and if so how can I get it when it's not listed on the site? (At least not that I could find.) All of my other audio/video/graphics software (e.g., Photoshop 2021, Corel Painter 2022, Cyberlink, etc) works just fine. I have an HP Envy Desktop - 750 - 530qd CTO which I bought in 2018. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

The newest Intel graphics driver I see on your PC's support page is 24.20.100.6025 from May of 2018.

HP ENVY Desktop - 750-530qd CTO Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

If you want to update to the latest graphics driver from the Intel website, please see my knowledge base article at the link below for how to manually update the Intel graphics driver to the latest version...

Updating the Latest HD Graphics Driver from Intel...Skylake,... - HP Support Community - 7185608

HP Recommended

Looks like this driver is more recent (Oct 14, 2020, version 27.20.xxx.....) The installation went smoothly and I got temporary relief but the Magix software is crashing again. Meanwhile, all my other graphics intensive software continues to work just fine. I will follow up with Magix.

Thanks. I really appreciate your help. 

HP Recommended

You're very welcome. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.