cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    Know the Benefits of your HP account

Connect with HP support faster, manage all your devices in one place, view warranty information and more– Click Here

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
Highlighted
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Driver! Intel 7 Series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller

HP Recommended
Example: Pavilion 23
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Two Universal Serial Bus (USB)Controllers are missing. They are as follows, Intel 7 series/C216 Chipset Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - 1E2D AND 1E26. I've checked with Intel and they told me that that particular Chipset (Series 7) has been Discontinued. When I ran a Driver Update for them it said, The Driver installation for this file is missing a necessary entry. I did further tests and it was suggested that the Driver name is, oem79inf.. As Intel have told me this Chipset has been discontinued, is there any alternative resolution to my problem? I've also tried Windows Update (nothing) and, of course, HP who said, No Drivers were found.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation