Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion p7-1003w
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hi,  was experiencing horizontal lines at bottom of monitor.  Hastily I uninstalled driver to download another and the new download changed both monitors and was unable to get back into windows as both monitors auto went to sleep mode.   F8 safe mode after disconnecting the AOC monitor finally worked all else failed to keep the original monitor awake so now needingVideo Controller (VGA Compatible) ATI Radeon HD 4200 driver download to save to flash drive to install in my HP Pavilion p7-1003w Desktop PC.  I have been trying to work with virtual asst. but wants this machine not the one needing help.  Please and thank you for your help...Debby

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the driver you need...

This package provides the driver update for the ATI Radeon HD graphics solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56778.exe

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Below is the link to the driver you need...

This package provides the driver update for the ATI Radeon HD graphics solutions in supported models that are running a supported operating system.

https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp56501-57000/sp56778.exe

HP Recommended

Thank you very much you are a miracle worker!!!  Was quickly installed and worked 🙂  🙂  🙂  Was so thankful to see the screen go from sleep to light up in full life again.  Only problem now is the 2nd monitor does still have about 2 inches of green horizontal lines across the bottom of the screen.  Any fix for that???  Please and Thank you again....Debby

HP Recommended

You're very welcome, Debby.

If the one monitor's display is perfectly fine, it is possible the other monitor has an issue, or the video cable is no good.

But other than those comments, unfortunately I don't have any other suggestions for you to try.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.