Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming 32 HDR Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello!

I will connect my HP Pavilion 15t-cs200 CTO to the HP Pavilion Gaming 32 HDR Display with an HDMI cable to use Dual Monitor extend mode. When I click shutdown on my laptop, it won't shut down the desktop monitor simultaneously along with it. When I try to turn off the monitor manually by pressing on its power button, it will not turn off, and I would have to pull the power cord. How do I turn off all monitors simultaneously during dual monitor mode without pressing the power button on the monitor?

If I can't do that, then how do I turn off the monitor by its power button when connected to a laptop via an HDMI cable? When not in dual mode, pressing power button works fine and responds quickly. This is the exact opposite during dual monitor mode. 

Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@WinnieThePooh2 

Firstly they are TWO physical units with TWO independent power source therefore shutdown or turning off your laptop / notebook won't  turn the monitor off, you have to turn the monitor of manually.

Secondly, monitor has ON/OFF switch at the back as shown

32in.png

Therefore you can use that switch to turn monitor ON/OFF. If it won't off, the power switch could be malfunction.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

Hey @Banhein! Thanks for your assistance. So the power button on my desktop monitor does work when HDMI is not connected to another monitor (in this case my laptop). however, when in dual display mode and after shutting down my laptop (still connected to desktop), the screen on the desktop monitor would remain on, blank, and the cursor frozen and still present. If I click the power button, it will suddenly not work. If I turn the laptop back on, dual display mode still works fine. I don’t want to keep pulling the power cord to turn off the monitor. Is there a reason why the power button is reacting this way or is it really a malfunction and it shouldn’t be behaving this way?! Is there something in the settings where I can turn off the dual monitor settings—maybe that can work? Or is there any other alternative to turn off the desktop monitor? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.