Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
8100 Elite
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Compaq 8100 Elite Convertible Minitower that we have configured for dual displays.  It has been working fine for quite sometime.  It appears that a windows update may have done something.  Right now the displays are duplicated and if I right click on the desktop and go to Display Settings and try to click on Detect it says that no other monitors are detected.  The 2 montors that I have are and Elite Display E221 and HP LE1901wm (both HP).  WIndows keeps detecting the E221 under Device Manager.  I tried disconnecting the E221 monitor and installing the LE1901 driver fior windows 7 and it worked.  I came up listing it in device manager.  I then reconnected the E221 and clicked on Scan for Changes and the system would not see the E221.  So I rebooted the machine to make sure everything was saved, when the system came back up, device manager would only see the E221 monitor again.  Can someone please help me on this.  It really doesnt make any sense that I can get either one to list under the monitors section, but not both.

Thank you,

Terry

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.