Post new question
Question

Honor Student
Message 1 of 6 (241 Views)

Dual VGA monitors on an Envy Phoenix 850se

Product Name: Envy Phoenix 850se
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I was told that I could hook up two VGA monitors to my new Envy Phoenix 850se desktop. This machine has the NVIDIA GTX 745 video card. I was told that I could hook up one monitor through the VGA port and then use a DVI to VGA adapter to hook up the other monitor. Maybe I am blind or dense but I do not see a VGA port on my machine. It came with the DVI to VGA adapter so I can hook up one monitor. What am I missing here?

0 Kudos
Provost
Message 2 of 6 (233 Views)

Re: Dual VGA monitors on an Envy Phoenix 850se

Hi,

Envy Phoenix 850se is a series of many products/options:

http://store.hp.com/us/en/pdp/desktops/hp-envy-phoenix-850se-desktop-pc-n0x16av-aba-1

Therefore you need a right option to have right ports. In short: what you were told was half true depending which option you picked.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 3 of 6 (223 Views)

I checked out the Invidia card that was supposed to be installed and it  had a VGA port as the lefthand port of the three available. The machine I received did not have that port.  How do I verify what I received is what I purchased?

Provost
Message 4 of 6 (216 Views)

Hi,

Yes, it is an OEM card and should have Dual Link DVI-D, HDMI, VGA. Now how to check

1. Open the case and check,

2. Check Device Manager, under Display adapters to see what is/are in there. For example my loan laptop on ly has Intel chip/card:

vid.png

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Honor Student
Message 5 of 6 (212 Views)

Device manager does show that it is the correct video card. I am guessing that for some reason it has a DVI, HDMI and displayport rather than a VGA port.  I have not been able to verify that this configuration on the GeForce or HP sites.

Provost
Message 6 of 6 (206 Views)

Hi,

The following link shows its specs:

http://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gtx-745-oem/specifications

As mentioned above, it's an OEM version.

Regards.

BH
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation