Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
11-03-2022 02:23 PM
I purchased an HP Pavilion TP01-3501 with the intention of using duel monitors but I have not found an approach that works.
The tower has a HDMI and VGA option for video output. I tried using an HDMI and a VGA to HDMI adapter out to use both at the same time. That did not work and somewhere I came across some comments on another that it can be one or the other but not both.
I then purchased a HDMI adapter (not splitter). I want the displays extended. My adapter is USB-C but when I plug it in to the USB-C on the tower it also did not work. I am thinking because this USB-C is not one that supports video.
I am open to any option which will accomplish the duel display deliverable. Any suggestions? I could buy a video card next but I was hoping to find a more cost effective option but if that is the only avenue left I will take it.
Thank you in advance
11-16-2022 02:49 AM
Welcome to the HP support community.
I understand that you are getting a dual monitor setup issue, I am glad to assist you.
Update the Bios, chipset, and drivers using HP Support Assistant.
Download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: Click here
- HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your Notebook
- Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.
- Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.
- Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.
- Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.
- Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.
Also, ensure Windows is up to date.
- Select the Start button, and then go to Settings > Update & security > Windows Update , and select Check for updates. If Windows Update says your device is up to date, you have all the updates that are currently available
Let me know how it goes.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee
Didn't find what you were looking for? Ask the community