Resolve Windows 10 related issues for your HP computers or printers by HP Windows 10 Support Center
1. I am connecting my new Samsung Galaxy Ion5 to an existing, previously working, E231 external monitor.
2. Because the E231 does not have an HDMI input, I am using a direct cable connection from the Samsung USB Thunderbolt port to the Monitor DisplayPort. The cable is Thunderbolt rated.
3. The external monitor display blinks erratically on and off. The internal laptop display is stable.
4. I have installed the only HP driver recommended on the HP support website: 2.00 Rev.A of Oct 22, 2015. It has had no effect.
5. Neither HP nor Samsung Customer Support will offer any help; as far as they are each concerned, it is the other product's issue.
6. I have worked this for a week and have run out of ideas. I can't afford new monitors as well as the new laptop (I have a home and a work installation).
7. I would be grateful for any advice whatsoever to resolve this issue. Thank you.
Didn't find what you were looking for?
Ask the community