Level 1
8 5 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

E231 Monitor blinking when connected to a new Samsung laptop

HP Recommended
EliteDisplayE231
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1. I am connecting my new Samsung Galaxy Ion5 to an existing, previously working, E231 external monitor.

2. Because the E231 does not have an HDMI input, I am using a direct cable connection from the Samsung USB Thunderbolt port to the Monitor DisplayPort. The cable is Thunderbolt rated.

3. The external monitor display blinks erratically on and off. The internal laptop display is stable.

4. I have installed the only HP driver recommended on the HP support website: 2.00 Rev.A of Oct 22, 2015. It has had no effect.

5. Neither HP nor Samsung Customer Support will offer any help; as far as they are each concerned, it is the other product's issue.

6. I have worked this for a week and have run out of ideas. I can't afford new monitors as well as the new laptop (I have a home and a work installation).

7. I would be grateful for any advice whatsoever to resolve this issue. Thank you.

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation