Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 27 USB-C Monitor
macOS 10.15 Catalina

This problem has come up on this forum before, however I could not add to the thread as it looks like it has been dead for a while. I bought the monitor 2.5 years ago, It has been 'flickering' for over a year (getting worse), although it is less like a flicker and more like the screen just turns off for a second or two then back on, repeatedly. This only happens in 4K mode and it is worse when I turn on latency features to the max (although it happens in all latency settings). Does not happen in 1080P. I use the monitor with my mac mini and with my PS4 Pro. It has gotten so bad that I can't even play any PS4 games with 4k. It does not flicker with the mac. I have replaced the HDMI cable to a high end premium cable but it still happens. It appears as though the monitor gets too warm and the HDMI plug is faulty. I wish both HDMI plugs could handle 4K. Is there anything that can be done?

thank you

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@SCJonezy

Thank you for posting on HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, I have a few troubleshooting steps we could try to fix the issue:

This sounds like software related issue let's try updating your mac device and check. 

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi, 

Thanks for the response, not sure if you saw in my original post but it does not happen with my mac, only with my PS4 pro. My mac does not tax the monitor like the PS4 does. It only happens when playin on 4k with high refresh rate. the monitor gets so hot I can't touch it for very long. after playing for an hour or so it starts to go black on and off. It doesn't seem to be the PS4 because this does not happen on my TV and when the monitor is going black I can't even use the monitors menu. 

HP Recommended

@SCJonezy

Thank you for posting back. 

As you've mentioned the monitor screen flickers only while playing PS4 games in 4k mode however with 1080p it works fine,
and also it does not happen with the Mac device, therefore it's not a monitor issue please correct me if I am wrong.

• Have you tried updating the Monitor display driver?

Keep me posted!

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.