LEENDY
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

EliteDisplay E243m Resolution Changes After Sleep

HP Recommended
HP EliteDisplay E243m
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Brand new Elitedisplay E243m monitor, being used on Dell XPS system running Windows 10. The default (recommended) resolution for the monitor is 1920x1080. When the computer sleeps, the monitor comes back on with 1600x900 resolution. The 1920x1080 resolution option is not listed any longer in the Windows Settings --> display --> Display Resolution drop down list.

These steps also do not reverse the problem:
- Sleep the computer a second time

- power down monitor and turn back on (with monitor power button)

- unplug monitor from the PC and plug back in

What does work:

- Full PC restart

- Occasionally, the monitor will just switch back on it's own, but I cannot replicate when this happens.

I have reinstalled the display drivers and firmware from https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-elitedisplay-e243m-23.8-inch-monitor/18164494

I have also uninstalled the display adapter (AMD Radeon HD 6670) and then installed the HP display adapter.

When I use another monitor (ASUS) with the same resolution, I have no resolution switching issues. It's definitely the HP E243m.

Any other suggestions?

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation