Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elitedesk 800 gen2
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

I purchased HP Elitedesk 800 gen2 with serial number [Personal Information Removed]

I have a LG UH603V screen, 4k resolution. However if I connect it to HP Elitedesk, I can not get above 1920x1080 resolution. There are no selections possible from display settings. I have a valid Displayport to HDMI cable meant for 4k resolution. 

I can not really find the issue here. I have also tried to manually set the resolution with external program, with no luck. 

All drivers etc. seem to be up to date. 

Thanks, 

Arvo 

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@arvo92 

What is your HP Elitedesk 800 gen2  ? How do you connect them ?

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

My Elitedesk 800 gen2 has a Core i5-6500 cpu at 3.2GHz and 8 GB of RAM with 64bit Windows 10. 

On the back I have 2 Displayports and 1 VGA connection. I purchased a HAMA cable promising Ultra HD - 4k transfer (3840x2160p).

So I purchased the Elitedesk to be the entertainment centre and to hook it up with at TV Screen. There are no other screens attached to the Elitedesk. Everthing works flawlessly besides the UltraHD resolution is not even in the options in Dislay Settings. The maximum resolution I can pick is 1920x1080 in the drop down menu. 

The graphics driver is up to date. Or should I try with some older version of the driver? 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.