Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Elitedesk 800 G4 Mini
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I decided to try attaching this mini desktop to my Samsung 4K TV, on which my docked HP laptop also runs. I use a DP to HDMI cable and it worked flawlessly from day one. However, when I try attaching this PC, even using that same known good cable, all I can get is 1080p. I'm a bit stumped as all the prior posts talk about DP to HDMI adapter limitations.

This is the situation so far:

1) Fresh Windows 10 64 bit install, 16GB RAM

2) Newest BIOS version flashed, max video memory set in bios (512mb)

3) Tried HP site video driver, then Intel's video driver.

4) I tried the DP to HDMI cable from my laptop that goes to this same Samsung 4k TV (which works like a champ)--no dice, 1080p only.

I will of course buy another cable to try, but the fact that the first cable works on my laptop is weird. Would putting in the HDMI option board fix this? Does that port support 4k?

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@J33pman wrote:

... 4) I tried the DP to HDMI cable from my laptop that goes to this same Samsung 4k TV (which works like a champ)--no dice, 1080p only.

@J33pman 

I'm confused. Which one are you talking about ? The Elitedesk 800 mini G4 or your laptop ? The Elitedesk 800 mini G4 has BOTH DP and HDMI 2.0 ports

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06045012#AbT10

You can

(a) Use DP to HDMI version 2.0 or above cable to connect from litedesk 800 mini G4 to TV   or

(b) Connect direct from Elitedesk 800 mini G4 to TV using HDMI version 2.0 or above cable

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.