Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 17-cb0925nd
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, I want to make a 3 monitor setup on my wall to expand my laptop screen. So not extend, but expand. My laptop only has one hdmi, a usbc and some usb ports. What do I need to buy to make this work? I know a splitter wont work because it only extends it, so a screen cant show different things, only the same screen. 

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your system should support 3 monitors in addition to the laptop display.

Refer to Chapter 2 page 6 http://h10032.www1.hp.com/ctg/Manual/c06367528.pdf

BeemerBiker_0-1664912527397.png

According to documentation items 4,5 and  7 support displays

The USB-C thunderbolt ports can use a USBC to HDMI cable.

I would look at a docking station if possible.

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply. I spent some time learning about this, so indeed I can use my thunderbolt 3, mini dp and hdmi for displays or use a docking station. I prefer the docking station so i can choose whatever monitor I like instead of using all ports in my laptop or daisy chain them. But do you recommend a dock? Some people recommend one which is like 300€, i see some for 80 etc but idk how much i can trust those docks to work properly

HP Recommended

Whatever fits in your budget.

I recommend docking station to avoid having to  unplug and plug cables into the laptop.  At 300 for dock that is still cheaper than repairing a port on a laptop.  This assumes the dock supports 3 monitors.

I looked through the manual but did not see any reference to "DisplayPort 1.2 MST" or Daisychain capability.

Maybe HP gives it a different name but some DisplayPort monitors can be daisy chained together but the correct DisplayPort version on the laptop (or desktop) is required.  Else all monitors connect directly to dock or laptop.

HP Recommended

Yes, the monitor need a thunderbolt or dp in- and video output, there not much that are not expensive with good specs. But you dont have a recommendation for a dock? 

HP Recommended

I do not think Omen laptops has docking station adapter but sales might know

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Docking-station-for-Omen-Lapto...

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.