Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 27" All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Have a brand new HP 27" all-in-one with updated software and drivers. Screen went black after 2-4 seconds after going to full screen mode. I changed the internet setting in internet explorer and select "use software rendering instead of GPU rendering", after that and ONLY in internet explorer this phenomenon was gone. In Chrome I changed and de-selected "use hardware accelerator when available", after that full screen also OK for all that I watch on internet under Chrome. So full screen mode in Internet explorer and Chrome now OK. But.....still clips/movies from my normal desktop/hardrive (so NOT running under internet explorer or Chrome) are still going black after going full screen after a few seconds. Who can assist. HRD

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TallyDiep Welcome to HP Community!

I understand that you are facing Full-screen mode going black after a few seconds.

Do not worry. I will try to fix the issue.

There are a few steps that should help resolve the issue:

• Choose Start > Control Panel.

• Double-click Display.

• Click the Settings tab.

• Click Advanced.

• Click the Troubleshoot tab.

• Move the Hardware Acceleration slider to None.

• Click Apply and then click OK to accept the new setting and close the dialog box

• Click OK to close the Display Properties dialog box.

• Restart Windows

If that doesn't help, update the graphics card, and the BIOS: click here to find and install the same

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

When going to Control panel > Display > Settings, there is no slider for hardware accel.

Also BIOS and other software seems to be up-to-date after checking

Going back to the first statement. In Microsoft Edge and Chrome changing the hardware accel. was indeed the action to run videos full screen normally in edge and chrome. So I was already looking for this box or slider for running videos from my PC/Desktop (so not running under Edge or Chrome) but isn't shown.

Don't know if this has to do with the HP envy 27" all-in-one system and maybe different software.

TallyDiep_0-1587913213915.png

TallyDiep_1-1587913259550.png

Under Advanced display settings I get:

TallyDiep_2-1587913303502.png

Under Display adapter properties I can update the drivers or color management, but still tick ON/OFF or a slider for the hardware accelerator is not there.

BR

HP Recommended

@TallyDiep

Thank you for the update.

I suggest you perform a system reset using the steps in this link: click here for steps.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.