Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Running microsoft flight simulator in game mode.

Selecting performance tab in the AMD Radeon Software:
Shows cpu, ram etc. useage but shows N/A for the gpu.

The GPU section of the performance tab reads "AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 10 Graphics"

I am not sure how this equates to the cpu description of "AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx"

Have I got to do something specific to activate the gpu or if I completely misunderstand the whole architecture of the PC I would appreciate it if someone could give me an explanation of what to expect.

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

associated screen imageassociated screen image

HP Recommended

@NGLR Welcome to HP Community!

Please provide the correct product number.

Note: Please ensure the complete product name/number for a quicker response from the community, as we need to know what we are dealing with to provide an accurate solution: 

Click here for steps on finding the information we need!

Remember: Do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Please let us know if the game's recommended requirements match the product specs

The AIO is not designed for high performance gaming. 

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response.

Serial number : 8CC01334NF

The minimum requirements for the microsoft flight simulator are:
Ryzen 3 1200
Radeon RX570
vram 2gb
ram 8gb
hdd 150gb flight sim installed on ssd
bandwidth 5Mbps I have measured mine at over 50mbps

It is perhaps true that my PC does not fully meet the minimum requirements but it does run. I just want to make sure that I am in fact using the full potential of the pc.

Surely whether or not it meets the spec does not affect the issue of whether the gpu is active or not?

HP Recommended

@NGLR

Thank you for the information.

Your Pc does not meet the requirement.

So, it's working as designed.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I know it does not meet the requirement for the flight simulator but I was only using that as a suitable application to illustrate my point.

My initial question was why does it say N/A for the gpu.

My original post stated:

Running microsoft flight simulator in game mode.

Selecting performance tab in the AMD Radeon Software:
Shows cpu, ram etc. useage but shows N/A for the gpu.

The GPU section of the performance tab reads "AMD Radeon(TM) Vega 10 Graphics"

I am not sure how this equates to the cpu description of "AMD Ryzen 7 3750H with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx"

Have I got to do something specific to activate the gpu or if I completely misunderstand the whole architecture of the PC I would appreciate it if someone could give me an explanation of what to expect.

Forget about the flight simulator, why when I look at the performance tab does it say gpu n/a?

HP Recommended

@NGLR

I understand your concerns.

Try updating the computer, this will install the latest updates -

Step 1 Windows Updates -

1) In the search box, type, and open Windows Updates.

2) Check for updates.

3) If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.

Step 2 Install updates using HP Support Assistant

1. In the search box, type, and open HP Support Assistant. 
  2. Check for updates. 
  3. If the updates are available, click on install and restart the computer.  

Note: If you do not have HP Support Assistant installed, Click here to download the same.

I request you to use the AMD autodetect software from AMD and install it on the PC, which will detect the video card and will download the suitable driver for it to work on the PC.

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/auto-detect-tool

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

The HP support system indicates that all software and drivers are up to date.
I have run the AMD autodetect software and installed radeon software adrenalin 2020 edition
I have also run the optimization option in the support assistant.

GPU is still showing N/A

HP Recommended

@NGLR

I understand your concerns.

In that case, I would suggets you perform the system reset.

Windows 10 has a reset feature that repairs your computer by reinstalling the operating system. This feature is recommended for recovery because it reinstalls Windows 10 while either preserving your personal data and customizations or removing all your personal data.

You have a choice of two methods to reset your computer.

• If Windows 10 loads correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset in Windows in this document.

• If Windows 10 does not start correctly, see the section titled Perform a Windows 10 system reset through Windows Recovery Environment in this document.

Have a nice day!!

HP Recommended

I should say that the computer in question is only 6 weeks old, so I will not be doing a windows 10 reset.

I would appreciate it if someone could tell why the computer should not have been configured for optimum graphics useage if that indeed is the case.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.