Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended

I saw online that alot of people are having problems with this model. I recently purchased it via amazon and was wondering will this work for my model before returning it? 

HP Pavilion p6-2108p Specs

Thanks....

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Abestbeats, welcome to the forum.

The reason people are having problems with the "GTX 750 Ti" model is because it requires UEFI Firmware in the motherboard.  HP didn't begin using full UEFI Firmware until mid-October, 2012.  Your computer was introduced in December, 2011.

Depending on the maunufacturer of the video card, they may have a VBIOS update to make your card work with your computer.  I know the EVGA, for example, has updates for specific cards.  You have to contact their Tech Support for help.  Also, you may have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU) in the computer, if you haven't already done so.  It is 300W.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

I am not an HP Employee!!
Intelligence is God given. Wisdom is the sum of our mistakes!!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Abestbeats, welcome to the forum.

The reason people are having problems with the "GTX 750 Ti" model is because it requires UEFI Firmware in the motherboard.  HP didn't begin using full UEFI Firmware until mid-October, 2012.  Your computer was introduced in December, 2011.

Depending on the maunufacturer of the video card, they may have a VBIOS update to make your card work with your computer.  I know the EVGA, for example, has updates for specific cards.  You have to contact their Tech Support for help.  Also, you may have to upgrade the power supply unit (PSU) in the computer, if you haven't already done so.  It is 300W.

Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

HP Recommended

Old_Geekster thanks! I think I will return my GTX 750 Ti and go with the MSI NVIDIA GTX N750 TI seeing that it has a switch to operate in either legacy or UEFI mode. I have seen some really good reviews on this card when it comes to HP computers.

HP Recommended

You are welcome.

The MSI card should work fine.

HP Recommended

Hi Old_Geeksteer,

Noted your reply to the GTX 750 problem , I submitted a problem earlier today:

"HP xw8600 Nvidia GTX650 graphics card "Cannot start this device code 10"

The card that started my problem was actually an EVGA geforce GTX 650 (not sure how Nvidia, EVGA and geforce relate to each other). EVGA said it wasn't something they could help with and I should try the HP forums.

If my problems are related to UEFI compatibility, why does my old fx550 card now fail in the same way?

(Sorry to invade on your reply to the GTX 750 query, don't feel you have to respond)

Regards,  John_SD

HP Recommended

I finally decided to go with the msi Gtx 750ti and this card is a beast it def improved my video lag in a major way! I can now edit videos in premiere and vegas with no Lag on high settings! Thanks for all the help!

HP Recommended
Mine doesn't i tried switching it to legecy mode but i still got six beeps
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.