1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Game freezing fter update windows 10

HP Recommended
HP TouchSmart 520-1000nl Desktop PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

i played for about 10 years a game (soldier of fortune) but after the last big updates of windows 10 the game is freezing.
I looked on the internet if there more people with the same problem, but i cant found the solution.
So i hope that u people can help me.
The game is starting up to the menu, but after that i click 1 button and than the game is freezing.
It workes all the time even with windows 10, but after the last updates he stopped.
I have reinstalled windows 10, updated my graphic card, but the problem stay's the same.

Wating for an answer,

Greetings R de Leeuw

Netherlands

1 REPLY 1
Riddle_Decipher
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
31,166 31,117 2,619 4,010
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Knight2000 Please check if the game supports the newer version of windows 10, on the game manufacturer website, if it does and yet it doesn't work, please update the BIOS and Chipset drivers as well, once done, create a new user account and check if that works.

Also, if you rollback to the previous version of windows and it works fine before the update is installed, you may want to disable auto-update for the time being as a workaround until Microsoft or the game manufacturers release a patch to fix this issue.

1. Press the Windows logo key + R at the same time to invoke the Run box.

2. Type services.msc and press Enter.

3. Scroll down to Windows Update, and double-click it.

find windows update and double-click it

4. In Startup type, select "Disabled". Then click "Apply" and "OK" to save the settings.

disable the windows update service

P.S: Welcome to HP Community 😉

Let me know how that pans out,

If you feel I was helpful, simply click on Accept as Solution to help the community grow,

That said, I will have someone follow-up on this to ensure you've been helped,

Just in case you don't get back to us within 24 - 48hrs, and have a good day, ahead.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation