8 6 0 0
Message 1 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Game mode not working (HDMI Input) On Hp Envy-23k001a

Hp Envy 23-k001a
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)

Greetings,

My HDMI Input does not respond when i press the button on the bottom of my PC. I've read everywhere on solutions to fix this problem of my game mode not working (HDMI Input) for my computer, HP Envy 23-k001a. I reset my PC to factory settings just an hour ago, and the problem still persists. I have contacted HP support but they have only told me to re-install and upgrade my drivers, which i attempted prior to the reset and it still did not solve the issue. I really don't know what to do as I want to play PS4 on my computer :( :( 

Any help would be much appreciated,

Many Thanks!

8 REPLIES 8
Provost Provost
Provost
46159 40421 4374 11189
Message 2 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Have you tried pressing the HDMI-In button on the bottom left side of the display?

It should be used if the display does not automatically switch to that of the video from the game console.

If you really want to say thanks, click on the Thumbs up icon .
If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
aziznator Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 3 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I have pressed it several times, the computer doesn't respond to the button. The screen stays normal as if nothing was pressed

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46159 40421 4374 11189
Message 4 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does the HDMI cable work with other devices?

The failure you are describing is hardware\firmware related.

Perhaps installing the first BIOS update will resolve the issue. If it does not then, contact HP for warranty support.

The following link goes to the available drivers at the support portal for your desktop PC. You can download and install the BIOS update from there.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-ENVY-Recline-23-All-in-One-Desktop-PC-series/5436...

If your problem is solved or question answered by my post, please click the Accepted Solution button in that post.

0 Kudos
aziznator Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 5 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I just downloaded the BIOS update and installed it. Unfortunately, the button is still not responding. My computer ran out of warranty some time last year, will I still be able to receive HP support in regards to this problem?

0 Kudos
Provost Provost
Provost
46159 40421 4374 11189
Message 6 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I do not know, but I suspect that free support will be unlikely to happen.

I am not an HP employee.

0 Kudos
aziznator Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 7 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Does anyone else know how to solve this problem? This is very frustrating!!

0 Kudos
Luke-L Top Student
Top Student
6 6 0 0
Message 8 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Just upgrade HP My Display driver from http://www.portrait.com/dtune/hpw/enu/upgrade.html, it will work for Windows 10.

0 Kudos
aziznator Top Student
Top Student
8 6 0 0
Message 9 of 9
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey Luke,

my display driver is up to date. That doesnt seem to be the problem.

For some reason, the HDMI input works on and off. Sometimes it just unknowingly starts to work, until i restart my computer and then it doesn't work anymore. It's really irritating.

Thanks for your suggestion, though.

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation