Frank099
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Getting the USB Hub on the Z27 g2 to work

HP Recommended
HP Z27n G2 27-inch Display
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

Not a question but rather an answer to a question raised by another user on this forum for which the discussion has been closed for some reason. I have a HP Z27 G2 monitor that i purchased a few months ago now and i couldn't get the usb hub that it came with to work. i finally figured out why it wouldn't work and because i kknow how frustrating it was to buy such an expensive monitor and have one of its features seemingly not work out of the box i thought i'd share the solution that worked for me. So in terms of setup there are 2 cords that came with the monitor - a display port cable (i needed a usb c adapter to connect this for my dell xps 13 )  &  a usb-c to hdmi cable. To setup the monitor in a way that gets the hub to work - connect the display port to your pc direct or via an adapter & then connect the usb-c end of the usb c cable to the monitor and the rectangle usb end to your pc. Once done you need to make sure the monitor is not in power saver mode (my monitor was always in power saver mode and thats why my usb hub would not turn on and my pc would not recognise usb.)  this can be done by pressing the buttons on the monitor, specifically the one under the battery icon.

Hopefully this helps someone out there!

Cheers!

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation