Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion x360 m3-u103dw
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello,

Starting yesterday, my computer has become unusable due to ghost clicking/scrolling. No updates were done, it went from completely normal to getting ghost clicks all the time randomly. 

I did troubleshooting based on other information I’ve found and turned off the  “Quick startup” option and that didn’t work. I downloaded the controller driver from hp website and that didn’t work as well. 

I am am not sure what to do from here, any help is appreciated . I can take more videos if necessary 

https://youtu.be/eV7GTKU6RrM

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JesseD12,

Thank you for posting your query on HP Community,

Have you checked in the BIOS screen if the ghost circles appear or not. The following steps will help to check in the BIOS:

• Shutdown the PC.
  • Power on the PC and immediately hi the f10 key repeatedly (7-8 times). This should bring up the BIOS. 
  • Let the PC remain powered on the BIOS for sometime and check if the ghost circles appear. 

If the issue persists on the BIOS page it is a hardware issue.

If the issue does not persist on the BIOS page try updating the graphics, chipset and BIOS on the PC to the latest version.

Uninstall the graphics driver from device manager and install the latest version of BIOS,chipset and graphics drivers on the PC using the HP support assistant.

Refer this article to know more information about using HP support assistant. Click Here

Let me know how it goes!

I hope you have a great day! 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @Jeet_singh,

I tested the BIOS screen and the ghost circles still appear.

In order to make my laptop usable, I had to disable "HID-compliant touch screen" from the device manager so now my machine is no longer a touch-screen laptop.

I do not use the touch screen functionality often, but if I was a customer who did, I would be very disappointed.

HP Recommended

@JesseD12,

As you have mentioned in your post that ghost clicks appears on the Bios, this clearly indicates a possible hardware failure.

In this scenario, I would personally suggest you contact our HP support team for further assistance. 

HP support team can be reached on this link.

Take care and have a great day!

Cheers 🙂

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.