Create an account on the HP Community to personalize your profile and ask a question
07-27-2019 12:22 PM
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
- What is the operating system?
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps?
- What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 (Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).
I would suggest you first perform a hard reset on the notebook. Follow steps from the link: https://hp.care/2GnkMa8
Once done, try running a touch screen diagnostic test.
Step by step instructions to perform the test Go to http://hp.care/2chznWE and expand and follow the steps mentioned under “Touch screen responds inaccurately”.
Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
I am an HP Employee
08-01-2019 10:12 AM
Hi, sorry i was away and did not see your messages.
- Did this happen after a recent window or software update? - no
- What is the operating system? - Win 10
- Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? - I cant log into the system, it won't let me enter my PIN.
- What is the product number of your device? - HP Pavillion x360 m3 convertible PC
I would suggest you first perform a hard reset on the notebook. - done this, the PC starts up, the ghosting makes it impossible for me to enter my PIN and go any further than the start screen. Because I can't enter my PIN, I cant disable the touch screen.
What else can i do?
Thank you for your help!
08-01-2019 09:06 PM - edited 08-01-2019 09:07 PM
Thank you for posting back,
Try performing Ctrl+Alt+Delete and check whether you can see change password options?
Have you tried On-Screen keyboard options? Click the white circle in the lower-left corner and use the on-screen keyboard
Could you please share the picture of the password screen?
Keep me posted!
I am an HP Employee