Level 1
4 1 0 0
Message 1 of 1
Flag Post

Graphics Card

HP Recommended
Z220 CMT Workstation
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I know this question has been asked a ton of times, but those questions/answers seem to go to system I guess before or after mine.  So now I hope who ever reads this knows that I'm asking about the Z220 CMT workstation.  Santa Clause has informed me that I have been a very good boy this year, and that has asked what I would like to have.  So I told him about this outstanding computer that I got early (wife's desktop died), and this was in my price range.  So I would like to about a Graphics Card that I've been looking at.  I use OBS alot and Bluestacks for a game that I totally enjoy playing.  Last week, I purchased a ASUS PH-GT1030-02 GeForce GT 1030 2GB Phoenix Fan OC Edition HDMI DVI Graphics Card. Installed it, and I guess it worked as I'm not sure if it was the card or the integrated video card that was working.  I'm Pre-XP computer knowledge about this stuff.  After XP, I totally lost it in the computer world.  Anyway, I asked my son if the integrated video card would stop working and hand over all video to the new card I put in without changing anything in the BIOS.  He said "yes", once the computer knew you have a new video card installed, that would happen.  So I guess it was working.  The only problem I had, was that fact that this video card didn't have or was able to do   NVIDIA NVENC or NVIDIA NVENC H.264 on the new card.  So I sent the card back, so onward with the research (Praise the Lord I have time),  I found out after reading and asking some questions, that the card that could do what I wanted was this one:  ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX 1050 or 1060 OC 4GB GDDR5 128-Bit Gaming Graphics Card.  This card is basically for gamers.  After getting the correct info from HP about the replacement card which was NVIDIA Quadro P2200.  But this card is for CAD which I'm not doing and it can't do NVIDIA NVENC with it either.  

So My question is this, is can I use the ZOTAC Gaming GeForce GTX card?  Here are two pictures of my system:

Computer ID.PNG and the current integrated video card is Video.PNG.  Also is there anything I need to do to tell the computer to use the new card and not the integrated, or will it do it automatically.

Thanks

Dan

Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation