JBUC
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

Graphihcs card performance

HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-186na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP Pavilion Desktop - 550-186na  and am thinking about upgrading the monitor.

How can I find out whether the graphics card will support HD or 4K ?

1 REPLY 1
A4Apollo
Retired
Retired
17,747 17,730 1,301 2,088
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Hey there! @JBUC,

I have checked the specifications of the graphics card and it supports a maximum resolution of 3840 × 2160 (4K UHD). So the graphics card does support 4K resolutions.

However, The monitor you connecting to the PC to should support 4K, only then you can watch 4K videos on the monitor.

HDMI High Speed was introduced with 4k in mind. All HDMI cables that carry the HDMI High-Speed Logo do support the HDMI 2.0 Standard and can transmit ultra high resolutions with 2160p @ 24 Hz (=4k).

Full 4K support was introduced with HDMI version 1.4. However, you can only be sure with cables certified as "High Speed" to support the high bandwidth requirements of HDMI 2.0. Cables classified Version 1.3 mostly don't work for HDMI 4K functionality. The following list will give you a rough orientation.

• HDMI cable 1.0 – 1.2 – no 4K Ultra HD support
  • HDMI cable 1.3: Probably no 4K support depending on the cable
  • HDMI cable 1.4: 4K support very likely, but not guaranteed
  • HDMI High Speed Cable: 4K Ultra HD support guaranteed

Refer the graphics card specifications page for more information. Click Here

Hope this answers your query!

Have a great day! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation