Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
ENVY TS 27 AiO PC
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

The computer is running fine, but when i plug in a working hdmi source and press the "HDMI IN" button, nothing happens.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

@barneyruble

Welcome to HP Support Forums. A really great platform for posting all your questions and finding solutions.

I have gone through your Post and I understand your concerns

This could be an issue with the drivers

I would request you to download and run the HP Support Assistant from this Link: https://www8.hp.com/us/en/campaigns/hpsupportassistant/hpsupport.html?jumpid=va_r602_us/en/any/psg/p...

HPSA will automatically search for all the latest drivers for your computer

1. Click My devices in the top menu, and then click Updates in the My PC or My notebook pane.

Click Updates in the My notebook pane

2. Click Check for updates and messages to scan for new updates.

Updates list in HP Support Center

3. Review the list of updates. Updates with a yellow information icon are recommended. Updates with a blue information icon are optional.

4. Click the update name for a description, version number, and file size.

5. Select the box next to any updates you want to install, and then click Download and install.

Next ensure Windows 10 is up to date

Select the Start  button, and then go to Settings  > Update & Security   > Windows Update , and select Check for updates.

Let me know how it goes

Thank you and have a wonderful day 😊

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Solution Accepted" on this Post and it will also help other community members with similar issue.

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

The assistant did not find anything wrong with the computer.

HP Recommended

@barneyruble

May I know which HDMI Source are you connecting to the HP Envy AIO?

Did it work before?

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a hand-me-down computer so i am not certain about working previously. I have tried many hdmi sources, from ps4 to raspberry pi and a gaming gpu. It just doesnt want to switch for some reason. if it is hardware, i would be comfortable diving into it. if it is software, im less comfortable, but willing to learn.

HP Recommended

@barneyruble,

I am responding on behalf of @KrazyToad as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you perform a reset on the computer and check if it helps.

Follow the steps in the below artilce to perform a reset.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c04742289

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

This is a fairly fresh install. I recieved this computer with a malfunctioning hdd. I have replaced it with an ssd, but i just used my licence of windows to get it running. is there a specific iso of windows you would like me to install to ensure this input works?

HP Recommended

Also, thank you for the suggestions and the tag-team answers. I hope all had a great holiday!

HP Recommended

@barneyruble,

It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

3. Unplug the power cable from the computer.

4. With the power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

5. Connect the power cable, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

6. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

7. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

8. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

You can order the recovery media for your computer from HP. I will share you few details through a private message about the service options dedicated to your product, please watch your inbox for more information.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.