Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 23-o014 All-in-One Desktop PC.

I have a HP ENVY 23-o014 All-in-One Desktop PC. I want to use my computer as a monitor. It has the necessities needed by having a HDMI IN port. It also has a HDMI IN button on the lower left corner on the computer. However, when I try to use the HDMI IN port it doesn't work. Whenever I press the button nothing seems to happen. It doesn't change the screen or anything, it seems like I didn't even press a thing. Iv'e heard that it may be my drivers aren't up to date, however when I updated them nothing worked either. Its also not my console or HDMI cable because whenever you press the HDMI IN button, it brings you to a no connection screen if nothing is connected. I also tried powering my console and plugging in the HDMI cable while pressing the button and it didn't work. I tried multiple cables and still nothing seemed to work. I do know my computer is capable of being a monitor because a YouTube channel had the same exact model and showed how to switch it to the HDMI, and his worked fine. So my computer has all the necessities needed. PLEASE HELP!!!

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@Cristian04,

Welcome to the HP Support Community!

I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need the product number of your computer.

Follow the steps in the below article to find the product details.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824

Look forward to hearing from you and you have a great day!

Take care.

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello @The_Fossette

I went on HP Assistant and it said my product number was F3E94AAR#ABA

Thank you for responding!

HP Recommended

Did you receive my reply?

The_Fossette

HP Recommended

@Cristian04,

Thank you for the information.

I recommend you try connecting a laptop or any Windows computer and check if it works.

Also, let me know what console are you trying to connect to the computer?

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I am trying to connect to my PS4. Its not the console I am connecting to, because whenever I press the IN button it should go to a black screen that would say no connection. However, mine doesn't do that and doesn't respond when I press the IN button. I also noticed that when I put the narrator on it reads out loud the button I press. For example if I pressed the letter A on my keyboard it would say "A". So when I pressed the HDMI IN button it said "UNKNOWN BUTTON". Is my HDMI IN button not registered or something?

HP Recommended

@Cristian04,

The Narrator will only say the keys on the keyboard and not the buttons on the monitor. 

I recommend you try connecting a laptop to the computer to make sure whether the issue is with the HDMI IN port or the software settings.

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.