Saad_912
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

HDMI In button not working

HP Recommended
HP Envy 23-k310ne
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I wanted to use my envy 23-k310ne all-in-one as a monitor for my ps4, i connected the hdmi cable to the monitor and the ps4. When i try pressing the hdmi in button (located on the lower left corner of my desktop) it does not respond in any way.

1 REPLY 1
praveen196
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
10,488 10,491 471 748
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

@Saad_912 Welcome to HP Community!

I reviewed your post and I understand that when you press the HDMI in button the display is not switching.

Don’t worry, I assure you I will try my best to get this sorted.

In order that I may provide you with an accurate solution, I will need a few more details.

• When was the last time the computer was working fine?
  • Have you made any software or hardware changes on the computer?

While you respond to that, I recommend you follow the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Turn off the computer.

2. Disconnect all external connected peripheral devices such as USB storage devices, external displays, and printers.

3. Unplug the power cable from the computer.

4. With the power cord unplugged, press and hold the Power button for about 15 seconds to drain any residual electrical charge from the capacitors.

5. Connect the power cable, but do not connect any of the peripheral devices.

6. Press the Power button to turn on the computer.

7. If a startup menu opens, use the arrow keys to select Start Windows Normally, and then press the Enter key.

8. After Windows opens, reconnect each peripheral device that was disconnected, one device at a time, until all devices are reconnected.

If you continue facing the issue, I recommend you update the BIOS and the graphics driver from the below link and check whether the issue is resolved.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation