Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
Pavilion 500-51na
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Been running with VGA monitor, recently bought Samsung with HDMI so thought I'd try it and.....nothing, no output at all. Have seen some correspondence on the AMD chipset but nothing seems to work, can someone advise please?

First and probably only AMD machine I'll ever buy, unreliable, slow (8Gb)  and occasionally crashes - yesterday had to rebuild O/S after crash losing all settings!

Cheers

Paul

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

sorry - should add, works with analogue, not HDMI

HP Recommended

HI@Danbuoy, Welcome to the HP Support Community!

Desktop  HP Pavilion 500-515na Desktop PC Do not have an HDMI port it works Only with a VGA  monitor and to upgrade the hardware, Please find the documents below.

HP Pavilion 500-515na Desktop PC Product Specifications

Keep me posted. Happy to help!

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hiya, thanks for taking the time to reply.

The PC has an HDMI connection on the back and inside its clearly marked with HDMI on the board!

When I start PC with HDMI and VGA both connected, I get a diagnostics message on the HDMI screen then swaps over to showing booting on analogue/VGA.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Paul

HP Recommended

@Danbuoy,

Please share the model number of your Notebook which will help me in pulling up the details regarding the compatibility and the troubleshooting steps.

HP Recommended

Hiya, the model nr is 500-515na, serial nr czc5022bqv

Cheers

Paul

HP Recommended

@Danbuoy,

Yes, Memory can be upgraded up to 16GB, and an error message  Samsung monitor defaults to recognize the display setting and can be ignored, and it's not a hardware or software issue.

Request you to follow the below troubleshooting steps from the document:- 

Computer Locks Up or Freezes

For more information 

Troubleshooting HDMI Display

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.

I dispute its not an issue with the HP desktop. I've plugged the monitor into another, cheap laptop (4Gb) and HDMI works fine without any setup, I was also able to display duplicate screens.

I tried connecting the HP to two screens, one using HDMI and the other with VGA. HDMI screen displays simple hardware information, nothing else. The VGA displays a working PC.

The link you sent mentions sound - I'm not interested, I just want to get HDMI working on this PC! I have screenshots if this helps.

Please advise further

Paul

HP Recommended

@Danbuoy,

We have done the basic troubleshooting as per the document and the notebook needs to checked taking remote access so that get to know it's a hardware or software issue.

I'd suggest you contact HP in your region regarding the service options for your computer or HP Chat Support Team.

HP Recommended

Many thanks for taking an interest and help anyway. TBH its just more hassle, I've had problems with this pavillion over the few years I've owned it, mysteriously crashes and occasional total rebuild, CPU fan now doesn't start on first bootup and its slow and can't connect to an HDMI screen - pretty basic! its not been anywhere as reliable as the HP it replaced (20yrs old and still working!). A reasonably hi spec HP laptop also suddenly died, just a  few years old, sorry but I'll replace with another make and Intel CPU now.

Thanks for help anyway.

Paul

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.