Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 27" All-in-One desktop pc 27-d1826no
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi. I just bought a HP Pavilion 27" All-in-One desktop pc, 27-d1826no

I use a hdmi cable to watch movies from the pc on my tv, but when the screen on the pc is turned off, I can't see the picture on my tv either. Is there a way to set the pc to show the picture on my tv via hdmi cable, when the screen on the pc is turned off? 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello
I have not looked at the configuration of the computer yet, but can you clarify a few points?
when you say, the screen off, how do you turn it off, there is no button to turn on the screen with this kind of computer, while the computer is working on it?
I may not be clear, with a tower type desktop computer, and a monitor, when you turn on the tower, the computer is on.
if you have not turned on the monitor, there is no picture, but the tower is running fine.
If you have a second monitor set up and you turn it on it works, the image should show on the one that is off, once turned on.
So my question is, do you have the option to turn off only this monitor?

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------
was this reply helpful , or just say thank you ? Click on the yes button

Please remember to mark the answers this can help other users
please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base
Windows 11 22h2 inside , user

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an all-in-one desktop pc, and you can turn the screen/monitor off, while the pc itself is still on. I do that, when i'm not at the pc, but I need it to run. Then there is no need to have the screen on too. But when I turn the screen off, the hdmi connection also turns off, and I can't see the pc-screen on my tv anymore.

Before I had a Sony all-in-one pc, and there I could turn off the screen, and still watch the pc on my tv-screen via hdmi cable.

In control panel, power, there is a button called: What to do, when I push on/off button. I have that set to: Turn screen off. 

So when I press the on/off button on the pc once, only the screen turns off.

HP Recommended

from what you are telling me then, you have nothing in particular on the computer itself which means that you can turn off the screen, no special button ..
But that you change the power settings for it ..
Difficult in this case, to know if it works as you want it.
For you it is certain the computer is working well, you can turn it back on how, by moving the mouse, pressing the keyboard, or not just the button?
maybe that does not give the choice, it does not matter the screen all is deactivated, it would be necessary to find another option in this case

--------------------------------------------- Signature ---------------------------------------------

please click on the accept as solution button if message provided an answer to the problem

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HP Recommended

No, no special button on the computer. Just the on/off button, which turns off the screen, when I press it once.

Then when I press a botton on the keyboard or move the mouse, the screen immediately turns back on, and so does the tv-screen. But when the pc monitor is black, so is the TV.

I need the tv-screen to continue to display the pc-screen, even when the pc monitor is turned off.

HP Recommended

what you say, confirms what I thought!
If the screen and the TV turn on again, there is no distinction with this function, you cannot choose
I'm afraid there is no direct solution to this
unfortunately I do not have this type of computer available to test!
But you have looked, if there is not maybe something to do, by changing the screen options
https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Knowledge-Base/Connect-two-HDMI-monitors-with-a-graphics-card-...

Desktop-Knowledge-Base

HP Recommended

i agree with Promethee--i think that when you press the power button once, you are causing the machine to enter something like a sleep/power save mode and that mode is cutting power to the ports too.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.