Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Desktop TP01-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a new HP desktop connected to an HP 2310m monitor. The HDMI output is too big to fit the screen of the monitor. I looked for a new driver but there are no drivers for windows 10 for this monitor. It works OK with the VGA connection but not the HDMI. There is an Image Control button on the monitor's menu but the "custom scaling" button is grayed out. I also tried the factory reset button but that didn't fix the problem. I would sure like to be able to use the HDMI connection. Anybody have an idea that would help.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@LongBeachMike
Thank you for posting on the HP Support Community.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details:

• Did this happen after a recent window or software update?
  • Have you made any hardware/software changes?
  • Have you tried changing the display resolution settings?
  • Is this the first time setup?

While you respond to that, let's try these steps: 

• Step 1: Perform a hard reset
  • Step 2: Use the HP Support Assistant to update the HP device drivers
  • Step 3: Use Windows Update to update the Windows device drivers
    Click herehttps://support.hp.com/in-en/document/c06293717 to complete the troubleshooting steps and arrive at a fix.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.
Please click “
Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

ECHO_LAKE
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried those things and it didn't fix the problem. I had an HDMI to DVI cable and hooked that up with the HDMI in the computer and DVI to the monitor and it is working fine. I noticed there were no new device drivers for Windows 10 for this monitor so that might have been the problem but since I got it to work with the other cable I'm in good shape.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.