Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hp pav Gaming 690-0034
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Im trying to set up multi displays and on one my hdmi ports has a black plastic piece covering it. I dont know if its there for a reason or how to remove it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

That is interesting, because the specs for the card indicate that there is one HDMI port, and  + 3 DisplayPorts

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the other port on the graphics card would be covered.

I suppose you could remove the cover and see if you get any video output from it.

Usually a video port is covered on the video out on the motherboard when a PC comes from the factory with a graphics card.

Since the specs state your PC's motherboard has no onboard graphics, there would be no video out port to be covered.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

And i opened up my computer and i can see there is an HDMI port behind the cover.

HP Recommended

Hi:

According to the product specs for your PC, it comes with an AMD Radeon RX 580 graphics card.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c06124757

The specs indicate that there is no onboard video in the Sunflower motherboard, so I have no idea why there is a HDMI port being covered.

I can tell you that as long as a graphics card is installed, the onboard graphics is disabled.

The specs for the installed card indicate that it supports multiple displays.

Look under the specs section for the video card.

HP Recommended

Yes there is 2 HDMI ports and i can connect to one of them but the other has a cover on it. The one through the mother board is the one thats not working.... Nor is the VGA port through the Mother board.

HP Recommended

That is interesting, because the specs for the card indicate that there is one HDMI port, and  + 3 DisplayPorts

Unfortunately, I wouldn't know why the other port on the graphics card would be covered.

I suppose you could remove the cover and see if you get any video output from it.

Usually a video port is covered on the video out on the motherboard when a PC comes from the factory with a graphics card.

Since the specs state your PC's motherboard has no onboard graphics, there would be no video out port to be covered.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.