Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ENVY 795-0050
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I am trying to setup my new HP ENVY 795-0050 and I can't plug my monitor's HDMI cable in to the HDMI port on the back

of the desktop tower.  The port is blocked; there is a flat black plastic "plug" in the port the "plug" is flat, smooth, and absolutly even with the metal sides of the area that the cable should slide into.  There is no way to get any purchase on the "plug" to pull it out.  The DisPlay port right above this HDMI port is also blocked in the same way.  Why Has HP done this and how do I get my Monitor connected?

Thanks, TXsunne

HDMI_Port_1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@TXsunne

Your machine has 2 sets of ports at the back. The first set is from The GTX 1060 card.

Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

the second set is from the motherboard (called integrated). Its specs

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06016397

which clearly say "Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed." That why those ports are blocked.

You have to connect your monitors to the first set of ports (from the GTX 1060 card).

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@TXsunne

Your machine has 2 sets of ports at the back. The first set is from The GTX 1060 card.

Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + 3 DisplayPort

the second set is from the motherboard (called integrated). Its specs

https://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c06016397

which clearly say "Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed." That why those ports are blocked.

You have to connect your monitors to the first set of ports (from the GTX 1060 card).

Regards.

BH
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

I have the HP Pavilion 690-0009 Desktop Refurbished PC. The only HDMI port in the back is blocked off from the inside. The DVI port however, isn't blocked from the inside, it is screwed on with a "Do not Remove" label on it. I just want to understand why they're blocked, and can I unscrew the DVI cover and plug in my DVI cable?

HP Recommended

@AliMamoon1 

The full specs of your machine is

https://support.hp.com/au-en/document/c05996506

It should have 2 sets of video out ports

(a) The first set of ports are from   NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4 GB)

Rear I/O connectors: Dual Link DVI-D + HDMI + DisplayPort

(b) The second set ports (in red) are from its motherboard (which are blocked)

• (1) VGA port
  • (1) HDMI 1.4/HDCP 2.2
  • (1) USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A port
  • (5) USB 2.0 Type-A ports
  • (3) Audio ports
  • (1) RJ-45 port

Before you bought it as refurbished machine probably someone REMOVED the  NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4 GB) therefore you can use the above red ports (remove screws) or buy a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050Ti (4 GB) and install it to your machine.

Regards.  

BH

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.